Deleting IE8 cookies - no effect?

slicktrick 08:34 18 Apr 2010

so there's a forum site about a game called Air Rivals.. and my forum account has been banned for ever because of only 2 insults to others. first it was a warning then permanent ban. anyway so i thought to make myself another username but whatever i do the site still knows who i am and won't let me register. i tried deleting the cookies, all temporary internet files and the recorded passwords, i reconnected to change my IP address but it's in vain. when i get to the forum, i'm still logged on as my banned account and i can't do anything from that point. so how do i make the site forget who i am in order to register another username?

BurrWalnut 08:51 18 Apr 2010

Obviously, you didn't consider two insults as being too many, but the Air Rivals site did.

It is your email address that has been banned. Perhaps a bit of grovelling and a different attitude in the future and they will have a change of mind.

slicktrick 09:16 18 Apr 2010

what do you mean my email address banned! i deleted everything in IE the site couldn't keep track of me unless they'd somehow have another file on my computer or something

birdface 09:26 18 Apr 2010

If this is the one you have to register.

click here

Not sure if you have to add your e-mail address or not.
A bit of groveling might help like BurrWalnut said.

slicktrick 09:53 18 Apr 2010

thanks for the link but i cannot access it - each time i try i get logged in my banned account and from there i can't do anything

provider 2 10:43 18 Apr 2010

Better to leave out the insults altogether. Even when said in jest, they never turn out as you intended on the web.

Here`s BugMeNot: click here

Whether it will help in this case, I`m not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017