Deleting history in Outlook Express

Connaught 08:21 02 Jun 2005

Despite clicking the delete web site visited history button in Tools, I am still left with history details in drop down list on the address bar.

Entering a letter of the alphabet in the blank address bar throws down a list of sites beginning with that letter.

Can anyone tell me what I must do to effectively delete this history. Tools do not seem to help.

Thanks

anchor 08:31 02 Jun 2005

I assume you mean history in Internet Explorer.

Have a look here:

click here

EARLR 09:53 02 Jun 2005

Get Ccleaner

Filch 14:12 02 Jun 2005

To clear the drop-down list - click Start, click Settings, click Taskbar and Start menu, click Start Menu Programs, click Clear.

Magik ®© 15:06 02 Jun 2005

I think you will find that the list you get when you type a letter in the "open" box in IE, are all coming from "favorites"....to prove it, find a letter that nothing starts with, and type it in......nothing should come up...

Filch 15:15 02 Jun 2005

To clear the hidden files in the regeistry, both history, URLs, and cookies, and more, use Spider. You can get it for free at click here . You may have to run it a couple of times to get every thing.

Connaught 17:15 02 Jun 2005

Thank you Anchor,Earlr,Filch and Magil for all the help. I have 1uite a bit to try so will do so and report back

Thanks again

Connaught

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?