Deleting empty folders

hiwatt 17:13 22 Jul 2008

Hi folks,is it ok to delete all empty folders in windows?I've just installed glary utilities and it has a function that searches for empty folders.There's quite a lot.Is it safe to delete them all?

MsTechie 18:03 22 Jul 2008

To make sure the folders are really empty you should unhide hidden files and folders in Folder Options.
Control panel> folder options > View > Show hidden files and folders. Click OK

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:20 22 Jul 2008

Be very careful
only delete folders not used by windows.

I too have just downloaded and used Glarys, the tracks eraser is rubbish as it dos not delete the firefox cache, use the eraser and then use explore you will see the files are still there.

hiwatt 18:57 22 Jul 2008

There's an option to open the folder before deleting it to make sure it is empty.A couple have an empty folder within a folder.If I delete an empty windows folder will it not just re create it?There's a lot of empty folders but I want to make sure it's safe to delete them.Thanks

gazzaho 19:57 22 Jul 2008

I would leave any folders that may appear to be system folders, like in the Windows folder alone and delete the others manually to the recycle bin then reboot, leave them in the recycle bin for a few days, if everything appears normal after that then remove them from the recycle bin. I myself never use these type of programs as they never appear to do what they claim, having been bitten more times than i care to remember in the past by registry cleaners and the likes I do most house keeping manually now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?