Deleting emails

Benid 19:59 21 Oct 2006

Although I regularly delete unwanted emails and ry to maintain a clean Inbox I keep getting messages from my IDSP (onetel) sating that my mailbox is 80% full and I should delete further messages. Of course I also delete stuff from Sent and Deleted folders, but I still get ISP messages telling me to get rid of stuff. I then checked my email folder on the Internet, and discovered all the emails that I thought I had deleted sitting there as bright as day. How is this possible? I realize I can delete them from the mailzone on the Internet, but it is very time-consuming as well as frustrating. Can anyone tell me what, if anything I am doing wrong? Thank-you.

anskyber 20:08 21 Oct 2006

I do not know how your ISP works things but it could be the web mail part of your facility also needs clearing down. It is also possible that your e-mail (is it Outlook express?) has been set up to save a copy on the ISP server. they will not like that. Have a look in your settings to see.

MickinPlymouthUK 07:42 22 Oct 2006

Dunno if this helps but make sure all your buttons are clicked to NOT save old mail.
I'm with AOL and got a shock when I accidentally discovered that unknown to me it was saving all my in/out mail into special "kept mail" folders of some sort for posterity, so I cleaned the lot out and frantically searched for the NOT button and stopped it happening again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?