Deleting an email received

Enoch 06:34 23 Aug 2004

I would appreciate some help and advice. I know there is a way of deleting an email received from the "Inbox" without the relative email deleted going into the "Deleted Items" box, but I do not remember how to do it or what the routine is. I am on XP Home

Jarvo 07:05 23 Aug 2004

Hold down the shift key as you click delete and you will permanently delete the e-mail by passing the recycle bin.

Jarvo

Enoch 14:44 23 Aug 2004

Jarvo----Thanks for the advice, but it did not work. I experimented with an item in my "Norton Anti-Spam" box and it went into my "Deleted Items" box and I then deleted again. Any other ideas or did I do it wrong?

keith-236785 15:10 23 Aug 2004

In OE, tools/options, click the Maintainance tab, put a tick in the box for "empty messages from the deleted items folder on exit"

that way the bin will be emptied on leaving OE (ALL MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED), if you only want to remove a specific message, then i think you will have to carry on deleting from the deleted items folder.

Sapins 15:12 23 Aug 2004

I can only find how to empty the deleted items folder automatically.

In Outlook Express go to Tools/Options/maintenance and put a tick in the "Empty messages from the 'Deleted Items' folder on exit.

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 15:13 23 Aug 2004

Beat me to it paperman27, must speed up my typing :-(

Sapins 15:16 23 Aug 2004

I believe that holding the shift key down when deleting a file will by pass the recycle bin.

Enoch 16:22 23 Aug 2004

Thanks for trying guys. If I find an answer I will post it on this thread. Oh, well, back to delete, delete !!!

Enoch 05:31 26 Aug 2004

1. Open MS Outlook.
2. Open the folders list, click on the Norton AntiSpam folder.
3. Press Ctrl+A to select all of the emails in the NAS folder.
4. Right-click the highlighted messages.
5. Hold down the Shift key and click Delete from the pop-up menu that appears.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone