Deleting email forwarding lists

Grandpadragon 21:12 01 Apr 2009

My wife gets email from friends which have been forwarded already several times and before she sends them on to other friends I would like to delete all the lists of people. How do I do this as if I highlight them and delete we lose every thing!
Thanks in advance

peter99co 22:54 01 Apr 2009

I always fwd using BCC (blind carbon copy)

peter99co 23:12 01 Apr 2009

Can you copy and past the message to new email.

Grandpadragon 23:44 01 Apr 2009

Hello Peter99co C & P works for text only not if pictures involved. Will try BCC next time

ravingdave 23:58 01 Apr 2009

....I'd also suggest asking your friends if they want to receive FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD.....mail, and only send it to those that say they are happy to receive it. Please be selective, and only send on if it is relevant and personal to the recipient.

I am receiving an increasing number of these mails; jokes - sayings - funny pictures - good luck chain messages - virus warnings - dire warnings not to open emails from [email protected] - warnings about being abducted in my car from petrol stations or car parks..... Call me a miserable old git, but I don't want any of this electronic junk mail, and anything I receive with multiple forwards goes straight in the recycle bin!
*** end of rant ***

BT 08:08 02 Apr 2009

When you click on 'Forward' the mail should come up in a new window. If you then highlite the parts you want to delete it won't delete everything. Sometimes you may have to do it a bit at a time. If you try to delete it in the original email it WILL delete everything.

peter99co 19:43 02 Apr 2009

I have a simple rule with forwarded mail. If the sender does not add a personal message it goes in the bin. I received mail from one chap for three months and never had a single word entered. It was all from others and simply forwarded junk. I now let Mailwasher blacklist it.

emily3543 10:56 14 Apr 2009

please try to reinstall your window and if it is not work then try to change your memory and check that now computer get restarted or not

emily3543 11:01 14 Apr 2009

sorry this is wrong posting it sent by mistake please do not use this instruction

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?