Deleting duplicate photos from my pictures

cruiser2 14:56 12 Jan 2014

I have somehow duplicated the photos which are stored on my computer in "My Pictures" Is there an easy and quick way of deleting these? I am doing this individually but it is very time consuming and tedious. Any advice much appreciated.

alanrwood 15:30 12 Jan 2014

If they are all in one location and you want to delete every file then click on one file then press CTRL+A to highlight them all. Then click on Del on your keyboard. BEWARE this will delete every file in that folder so if there is a mixture of good and duplicates then DON'T do this instead try this. Are the duplicates al named "Copy 0f *". If so double click the filename folder header in Windows Explorer to sort the files into alphabetical order. Then click on the first file and then hold down the Shift key whilst clicking on the last file you wish to delete. That should select all the files you want to delete and leave the others un-highlighted. Then click the Del key on your keyboard.

awest3 16:45 13 Jan 2014

CCleaner has a duplicate file finder.

Install Ccleaner (most people agree that its about the safest cleaner out there).

Go to Tools then file finder.. it will show you all your duplicate files and allow you to delete them if so required.

I tend to get lots of copies of the same photo so use this to remove them.

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone