deleting duplicate files on picasa2

justkevin 23:22 10 Jan 2008

I have a number of duplicated files or pics on picasa2 all spread across a number of different albums,is there a way to delete these duplications?

read this before deleting anything
click here

DieSse 23:57 10 Jan 2008

Picasa albums don't actually "contain" any files - they merely point to where the files are actually stored.

That's why it's possible to put the same file in a single location into several albums.

Deleting files from an album simply takes out the "pointers" - not the files. Think of an album as a set of shortcuts, rather than actual files.

Try it with an experiment to see what happens - and what doesn't.

justkevin 12:51 11 Jan 2008

Hi thanks Raven also DieSse the link was very useful,it didn't explain how I could remove a file from the album without deleting it from the hard drive after I had located all the apparent duplicate images.

bretsky 13:03 11 Jan 2008

I think you have to "Hide" the files, as you say, if you delete them you delete them off the system!

bretsky ;0)

justkevin 15:58 11 Jan 2008

I think what I want to do is identify which album files are attached to,when I see the duplicates in experiment ,I can see where the file is on the hard drive but not on which album

justkevin 18:25 11 Jan 2008

How do I import a folder from an external hard drive ,I can see from import that I can import one file but not a folder full.Will picassa identify duplicates in the process

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?