deleting duplicate files, photos etc.

bumpkin 20:03 08 Jun 2015
Answered

CCleaner is showing hundreds of these but I need to tick every one before trying to delete and then it does not always do so. I have 1 ssd and 2 HDD's which I want to deal with individualy ie I don.t want to delete anything that is part of my backup. Any suggestions please.

northumbria61 20:54 08 Jun 2015

Can be fraught with danger if you are not sure what you are doing.

bumpkin 21:10 08 Jun 2015

Thanks to both for the replies, best left alone on your advice, not a lot of disk space taken anyway.

bumpkin 21:16 08 Jun 2015

Tried to green tick but that seems something yet to be sorted with the new format site.

bumpkin 21:16 08 Jun 2015

Tried to green tick but that seems something yet to be sorted with the new format site.

bumpkin 22:33 08 Jun 2015

I can see it but it changes from "is answer" to "not answer" but how I am supposed to post it I don't know.

bumpkin 22:50 08 Jun 2015

Thanks jock1e, not a stupid mistake , it does work as demonstrated with this thread but not the simlest thing to understand.

bumpkin 22:50 08 Jun 2015

Thanks jock1e, not a stupid mistake , it does work as demonstrated with this thread but not the simlest thing to understand.

bumpkin 22:55 08 Jun 2015
Answer

I don't mind changes but what was wrong with the previous "tick as resolved" option

bumpkin 22:55 08 Jun 2015

I don't mind changes but what was wrong with the previous "tick as resolved" option

oxanadaniel 16:45 17 Jul 2015

Duplicate Files Deleter is a simple, but effective tool to locate duplicate files in one or more selected search paths. It scans the files and compares them based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files. The program is multi-threaded and performs scans quickly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?