Deleting cookies on windows 95

J B 23:52 05 Oct 2005

Can anyone tell me the procedure to delete cookies on windows 95. I have never worked with 95 so any help would be appreciated. Thanks. J.B.

johnnyrocker 23:57 05 Oct 2005

not familiar with 95 but might it be on a web page tools/internet options and in the general tab delete cookies/history?

johnny.

SANTOS7 00:01 06 Oct 2005

Cookies are kept in special folder on your hard disk. Location of this folder depends on the version of Windows and whether or not you are using user profiles (accounts). If you have Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows NT or Windows 95 then cookie folder is in one of these locations:
C:\Windows\CookiesC:\Windows\Profiles\<username>\Cookies
Note that on your computer the Windows directory may not be C:\Windows but some other directory. If you don't have Profiles directory in you Windows directory don't worry - this just means that you are not using user profiles.
follow the file path and manually delete

J B 10:10 06 Oct 2005

Thanks for the help. I will give it to my sister in law. J.B.

Sirpad 23:30 07 Oct 2005

I too have Windows 95 and just today I downloaded CCleaner from Ccleaner.com. Nice little tool that does what it says.....it cleans. One option is to let you keep cookies that you may not want to delete. Very very easy to use and took a few mins to download (free). It will delete obsolete files and free up a lot of space.

OR

From Internet Toolbar select Tools then Internet Options.
You will see Temporary Internet files. Select 'Settings'...when in there select 'View Files'....this will bring up a list of your cookies .......then just select and delete them like you would delete any file.

I used to use second option until someone put me on to Ccleaner (I think it stands for Crap Cleaner). Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone