Deleted Roxio Burner..Now Cannot Restore!

subi 16:19 11 May 2008

I rarely use my CD Burner, which came with my Dell Computer 4 years ago, and decided to delete it, as it was requiring lots of updates which I could only get by changing to the paid version.
Having deleted it I now find that I cannot Restore my computer, no matter what Restore Date I try!
Also, once I had deleted Roxio, I installed the Free Version of Deepburner; at first it wouldn't download from the site but after using C.Cleaner on the registry Scan, all the Roxio entries were deleted and I was able to install Deepburner.
My O.S. is Windows XP Pro version.
It seems that Roxio is causing a conflict somehow. I have run Check Disc, C.Cleaner, Win ASO Register, but it is still the same.
Any help in rectifying this problem would be great appreciated.

rawprawn 16:30 11 May 2008

Are you actually wanting/needing to restore your computer? or is it that it just isn't working. If that is the case Try Turning System Restore Off and reboot, then turn it back on again, it should make a new restore point.(You may need to reboot again)
Failing that do a system file check,go to Start> Run> and type sfc /scannow and the hit Enter. you will need your XP CD

rawprawn 16:43 11 May 2008

I should say that you will lose all restore points if you turn System Restore Off, if you need your restore points use the sfc /scannow method.

subi 18:02 14 May 2008

Thanks rawprawn. I have installed XP Service Pack 3 which sets a new Restore Point.
Hopefully if I ever require them, then the new points that are being created will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone