Deleted MS Office 2010 Starter

Macnut 11:53 04 Feb 2011

On my new Dell Computer I have Deleted MS Office 2010 Starter by mistake. Dell refer me to Microsoft. Guess what - Microsoft refer me to Dell. Any suggestions welcome.

northumbria61 12:53 04 Feb 2011

Microsoft have probably referred you back to Dell as it would be already installed on your new Computer. In the abscence of any backup or install discs I would try a "system restore" (NOT a factory restore) if you have any restore points and it has just recently occurred.

KremmenUK 12:57 04 Feb 2011

I thought a System Restore only restored drivers and not program files/folders ?

northumbria61 13:04 04 Feb 2011

You can purchase the full version from here click here if you fit the criteria -

If you are a Student or a parent or guardian or have a grandson or granddaughter for whom you would like to license the software, then you can purchase the software. The main requirement to purchase is that the end user licensee must be a student or be a faculty member in one of our listed educational institutions.

See the FAQ section which explains all - you will need to register (straightforward)

Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Vista (SP1) / XP (SP3) 32 & 64bit

Usage:
Installation on 2 computers, exclusive licence holder use

Availabilty:
Media is only available in 32-bit
Download is available in 32-bit or 64-bit

northumbria61 13:13 04 Feb 2011

KremmenUk - yes you are right - what was I thinking. It must be time for some refreshments.
I have been sitting here far too long.

northumbria61 13:17 04 Feb 2011

Macnut - forget about the "system restore" - my suggestion was in error. You would have to do a "factory restore" which would return your computer to the state it was in when you purchased it - unless Dell are prepared to offer you help with a disc. I think Dell would charge you for that.

robin_x 13:43 04 Feb 2011

In Office2000, Open Word or Excel.

Click Help/Detect and Repair.

Maybe similar in Office 2010?

northumbria61 15:42 04 Feb 2011

I think you will find there is no way to recover this now that it has been deleted as it would come "pre-installed" with the new computer.

Office starter is installed by your Computer manufacturer but as it is been uninstalled from your Computer (ie.deleted) you can check with your Computer manufacturer if they are able to provide you the same.(ie.Dell in your case) OR as previously mentioned it may be installed in the "recovery partition)" - ie.Factory settings restore.

northumbria61 19:19 04 Feb 2011

Note: - The MS Office 2010 starter pack only contains Word and Excel. If you were eligible to purchase from Software4Students MS Office 2010 contains 10 programs in 1 for £38.95 - 1 licence for 2 computers. Excellent value! I speak from experience. I purchased the 2007 version from here.

Woolwell 23:18 04 Feb 2011

Not sure that KremmenUK is right. Windows 7 system restore has been enhanced click here

gel 07:36 05 Feb 2011

Why not have a look at open office

click here

gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?