Deleted mail in Outlook

TN 10:02 11 Aug 2010

Most likely this is a very simple problem but I am stuck! When I delete an email in Inbox it no longer goes to the deleted file but just vanishes. How can I persuade it to go where it should go to? BYW this does not happen when I close down Outlook but immediately I hit the delete button! All help appreciated.

ermiad 13:58 11 Aug 2010

I have Outlook 2007 from office professional and i have looked their for any help. If you click on Tools, then scroll down and click on Options. Click the 'Other' tab and view the open page. At the top in 'General' you should see a box next to' Empty the deleted items folder upon exiting'. Make sure this box is not ticked. Aside from this the only other way is to repair Outlook. Go to help in Outlook and type the request to repair in search.

Muergo 14:28 11 Aug 2010

I am banging on again about Acronis 2010 £17-99 at Amazon) but the e-mail protection facility will retrieve deletions even if they have been sent to "Recycle" and then also even if that has been emptied provided you are quick enough before it is overwritten.

Muergo 14:28 11 Aug 2010

I am banging on again about Acronis 2010 £17-99 at Amazon) but the e-mail protection facility will retrieve deletions even if they have been sent to "Recycle" and then also even if that has been emptied provided you are quick enough before it is overwritten.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?