DELETED LIMEWIRE BUT IT'S STILL THERE SOMEWHERE

yorkiebhoy 20:04 03 Apr 2009

IM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC FROM MININOVA BUT THE FILES ARE COMING UP VIA LIMEWIRE. I'VE ALREADY DELETED LIMEWIRE BUT IT SEEMS STILL TO BE ON MY COMPUTER SOMEWHERE. ANY IDEAS?

csqwared 20:15 03 Apr 2009

Have a look here
click here
you may need to do a bit more deleting than you've done already.

Incidentally, posting in capitals is considered impolite - it's regarded as shouting. ;-))

MAJ 20:20 03 Apr 2009

1. TURN OFF CAPSLOCK, please.

2. What bittorrent client do you have installed?

3. Are these music files copyrighted?

yorkiebhoy 21:13 03 Apr 2009

Im using Utorrent. I assume the files are copyright. Forgive me for my use of CAPS, a bit new to this?

tullie 21:17 03 Apr 2009

If the files are copyright,what you are doing is illegal,or did you mean not copyright?

Jak_1 21:22 03 Apr 2009

I assume the files are copyright. I'm afraid you will get no help here in downloading copyrighted materiel unless you are paying for it!
As far as Limewire goes, I assume you used the uninstall feature, however in all probability bits were left behind. Try running CCleaner to clear out any remnants and run the reg cleaner in the program to remove redundant registry entries.

click here

MAJ 21:25 03 Apr 2009

No worries about the CAPS. yorkiebhoy, thanks.

Firstly, be careful about downloading copyright material, there have been a few reports that some users have had their connection cut off for doing so. If you're a large sharer, you could be prosecuted, also forum rules forbid us offering help with P2P problems were copyright material is involved.

Having said that, to uninstall Limewire properly, follow the advice at the link posted by csqwared above. Or if that doesn't work successfully, reinstall Limewire and then use Revo Uninstaller (it's free) click here to uninstall it properly. If you are asked to reboot to finish the uninstall by Windows, don't, let Revo clean the registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?