Deleted folder

R.C.M. 00:27 24 Jul 2006

Just about an hour ago I was moving saved emails in Outlook Express 6 when I deleted a folder which contained important emails [sods law]

Is there anyway I can retrieve these emails. I have tried the recycle bin - nothing there. I have tried system restore no luck.

I would be grateful for some help with this.

Thanks.

sean-278262 01:37 24 Jul 2006

Check the section of outlook called \"deleted items"

R.C.M. 02:06 24 Jul 2006

I have tried to find out who to get the emails back by reading and using help [no help]

And I'm afraid I can't find the section of outlook express called \"deleted items"

Sorry for being such a stupid old fart.

And thanks for the response.

rezeeg 08:33 24 Jul 2006

Click View then Go to Folder expand and you will see a list including Deleted.

R.C.M. 12:10 24 Jul 2006

I followed your instruction [I think] I went to my computer> C drive> folders> - still can't find deleted folder.

Sorry for bieg unable to follow your instruction.

rezeeg 12:12 24 Jul 2006

R.C.M. open Outlook Express then 'View'

R.C.M. 12:31 24 Jul 2006

Went to Outlook Express - View - Go to Folder - clicked on deleated folder - there was nothing there.

rezeeg 12:47 24 Jul 2006

R.C.M. if you delete a folder via Outlook Express>File>Folder>Delete it should be in your Deleted Files folder.

You said in your first post that you were moving e-mails; could it be that you inadvertantly moved the folder and dropped it into another folder? Have you looked through your other folders?

ed-0 13:11 24 Jul 2006

use smart undelete click here download the free fully functional version. It's only about 500Kb.

Works very well. Will even bring back all the data from crap cleaner.

No one is safe. lol

ed-0 13:21 24 Jul 2006

Sorry, when you try to recover, it asks for payment.:-(

R.C.M. 14:00 24 Jul 2006

rezeeg - I've searched all my other folders in outlook express for my missing email copies, they are not there.

ed-O - at the moment I'm trying "PC Inspector" and "Undelete Now" I will just need to keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks to the both of you - rezeeg and ed-O, for your help and patience. I'm sorry for taking so long in responding to you input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?