deleted files

digbee2500 13:50 11 Mar 2010

Help anyone.
My pc crashed over the weekend deleting just about everything, files, folders, pictures, flims etc. I had a film of my sons wedding which I had meant to copy but never got round to doing it and can't find it anywhere. Any ideas on how to retrieve would be gratefully accepted.

rawprawn 13:54 11 Mar 2010

Try Recuva click here

mfletch 13:55 11 Mar 2010

Try this but the more you use the computer the harder it will be to recover any files as they will get written over,

Recuva click here

mfletch 13:55 11 Mar 2010

Note to self.

Must type faster

rizlo29 14:00 11 Mar 2010

Try search?

start> search> click pictures music or video and it will search your hardrive and but up thumbnails as it searches. Hopefully it will find what you are looking for.

ame 15:33 11 Mar 2010

Recuva has worked for me, but best to save output to another partition, an external hard drive or large usb stick if you've got one. that way output won't overwrite your files as it goes. haven't used it for ages, but think you can search for certain file extensions, and if you do that one or two at a time you can use a smaller drive or minimise risk of overwriting files on the same drive.

digbee2500 08:51 18 Mar 2010

thanks to everyone who came up with solutions. recuva was brilliant and even recovered stuff I'd forgotten about. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017