Deleted emails have been deleted!

cowgirl66 08:27 19 Aug 2006

Hi, I'm asking on behalf of a friend, why, when she deletes emails from her Outlook Express Inbox, can they not be found in the Deleted Items folder? She uses McAfee Spam Killer and I notice there is a 'Spam Killer' folder within the Deleted Items folder as well as one under the Local Sections list. Is this as it should be? I have checked all the other folders and they simply cannot be found. I've even run a test myself by sending an email to her own email address via her own computer to watch the results. The email is sent, the email arrives, I delete the email, check the Deleted Items folder,, and it's gone!

Regards cowgirl66

MichelleC 08:48 19 Aug 2006

Have a look under Tools/Options/maintanance to see which boxes are checked.

john-231489 08:49 19 Aug 2006

Hi Cowgirl66

In Outlook Express go into tools - Maintenance and right at the top there is a line 'empty messages from deleted folder on exit' make sure there is not a tick in the box.

Cheers

cowgirl66 08:52 19 Aug 2006

No Kovus, there isn't a tick in there, but even if there was, surely the messages wouldn't be deleted until I exited O.E.?

In this instance they are being deleted immediately, before I've even closed down O.E.

Sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?