delete webs sites on windows xp

aginor 12:00 10 Nov 2005

Hello

I am a relative newcomer to the internet and hope this basic question is not too basic for this help advice facility and I look forward to an early response which would be greatly appreciated .
On the tools bar you can access restricted sites under the security section . I have web sites named which I wish to delete but when I highligh a site and then press remove the actual site description disappears but when I come back it is still showing . Please advise me where I am going wrong and exactly how I delete the sites named .

It should not be a problem as the wording says " you can add and remove web sites from this zone "

Thank you for your anticipated guidance / help.

Regards

Aginor .

PaulB2005 12:12 10 Nov 2005

The sirtes listed under Restricted Sites are ones thaty are Blocked so you may want to leave them there. Unless you want to visit those sites?

What security software do you have running as it maybe making the changes for you.

PaulB2005 12:20 10 Nov 2005

Please post all responses on here.

"Thanks for your speedy response to my query as to how to remove named sites from my "Restricted Sites" section of windows XP . I do wish to delete the sites mentioned and I have no intention of revisiting the m The security software I believe I have in my windows xp is simply the AEG and Spybot which are built in to windows xp . Hope to hear from you soon via my email site"

PaulB2005 12:21 10 Nov 2005

"I do wish to delete the sites mentioned "

Can i ask why? As i said the list is a list of sites that are blocked on your PC. Removing them from the list will REDUCE your PCs security!

aginor 13:32 10 Nov 2005

Whilst understanding the points you are making what I really need to know is if these sites should not be removed why then is there a facility clearly detailed that they can be deleted. My question is simply that if they can be deleted how does one do it . Thank you

ACOLYTE 13:34 10 Nov 2005

It depends how they got there,if you added the sites manually then you should be able to delete them,if they were added by a third party product then only that product can remove them,as they are probably written to the reg somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?