delete partition usb key

supateach 16:07 22 Jun 2008

Hi bought some cheap 512 usb keys to play music in my car which has a usb port on the CD player. The usb keys are partitioned for some security software and the Cd player wont recognise the main partition when I plug them in. I tried deleteing the partitions in windows but the delete partition option is greyed out in disc management. I downloaded some trial software and this option is only available if I buy the software. As the keys only cost a few pounds it would be cheaper to get some more keys than buy some partitioning software. Is there any other way round this to get the keys to work in my CD player. Thanks
Tony

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 22 Jun 2008

Removal tool:
click here

removes U3 security that mkes winows thinkhe partition is a read only CD drive CDFS

supateach 17:40 22 Jun 2008

thanks I have just tried that, get error message'this program only supports one u3 drive removal. exit program remove extra drive and try again' I only have 1 key pluggged in. the security on the key is UDPV624, pasword control MFC application and two separate drives are indicated when I put the key in, one is about 1.2 mb and has the security software on and the other is 488mb. Any ideas
Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?