Delete old compressed files

compy 18:42 23 Jun 2009

Win xp
A friend has been useing diskclean for a number of years and has been compressing his old files and saving. He is now seriously out of disk space
and would like to delete these old compressed files. I have searched various sites and have seen that you should not delete them. But is it safe to delete them ? and if he can, how does he go about it.
sorry for the limited info.
but thanks in advance for any advice.

T I M B O 00:21 24 Jun 2009

I cant see no point in keeping all this internet activity, some .jpg's are just dots on a white page, quite usless and a waste of space. There are a couple of programmes that one can use with great success >>

1st > click here
I use both choices on the left once installed, use Cleaner & Registery, keep using the cleaner till nothing appears anymore.

2nd > click here
Just download and click to install, then hit the "Cleanup" button, make sure the volume is not too high, but the next noise is an indication where all this rubbish belongs lol

Once these have been completed we hope there will be more space, if not then there is the restore points we can look at.

Best of luck !!

DieSse 01:21 24 Jun 2009

"I have searched various sites and have seen that you should not delete them."

Sound advice, unless you are sure you know what's in them they shouldn't be deleted. Windows is actually very poor at identifying what files have been recently accessed, therefore what can safely be called "old files". That's why I never use this option in Disk Cleaner.

I can also recommend (free versions) Wise Cleaners for both Disk and Registry cleaning. As always with Registry cleaning take care with backing up first (Wise will propmt you). click here

T I M B O 01:31 24 Jun 2009

Of course there is the other alternative, get more space to stor it all >> click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?