Delayed Typing Display in Outlook Express

chessman2 13:26 11 Jun 2007

A friend of mine is experiencing a delayed response after typing letters in the message box of Outlook Express of approx 2 secs. This happens with this program if you create a new message or if you reply to a received message.

I have checked his microsoft office programs of Word and Outlook and they all perform normally. I was wondering whether there was some control in the registry which defined the length of time delay before displaying the characters in Outlook Express. I'd be grateful for some guidance as this problem is new to me.

Cheers

ThickMick 15:37 11 Jun 2007

I had the same problem since downloading a windows update 10/05/07 posting on here, and now use Thunderbird.

Re loaded Outlook and checked anti virus etc but nothing helped.

Terry Brown 17:11 11 Jun 2007

Do you have other programs running at the same time, as I believe Outlook has a low priority, which means if other programs require access first, outlook has to wait.
terry

chessman2 08:29 12 Jun 2007

Thanks for the suggestion Terry, but as far as I can recall we didn't have anything else running except the usual programs i.e AVG, Zonealarm. There certainly wasn't anything special happening whilst trying to use Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?