Del pics My Pictures results in many duplicates in

Technotiger 16:48 01 Nov 2006

Hi, my brain (yes still have one) is bit addled today - forgotten key to press when deleting multiple pics from My Pictures, so that they do delete - not Multiply. There was a recent Thread about this, with the solution, but Search does not find it.

Your help very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Pamy 16:54 01 Nov 2006

could it be a right click on one highlighted pic and then delete in the drop down box?

Technotiger 17:04 01 Nov 2006

Hi Pamy, you are on the right track I think, just jogging my memory - getting old you know - something about 'highlight the first then the last' then hold key (ctrl I think) then delete.
But I am not sure if I have got that right. I feel such a clot - help everybody else, can't help myself....doh...

Cheers

Pamy 17:07 01 Nov 2006

shift highlights them all

Technotiger 17:08 01 Nov 2006

Thanks for trying, I think your answer is fine for deleting a single pic, but I am talking about deleting many pics at once. I know that if it is not done correctly 'deleting' actually results in multiplying where one can end up with hundreds of copies - that is what the Thread was about which I cannot find.

Pamy 17:09 01 Nov 2006

sorry click first, hold shift and click last, to highlight all between

Technotiger 17:12 01 Nov 2006

Pamy - got it, Yes Thanks ... shift, as you said and press Delete key rather than click on delete.

Been out in the cold today, the old grey matter getting a bit clogged up.

Many thanks again - all sorted.

Green ticked.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone