del key on rhs of keyboard does not delete

cordeiro 18:33 03 Jul 2010

I had trouble after i downloaded AVG free, then i paid the charges but my XP computer would then not bring on any of my favorites. This was rectified by REMOVINNG AVG and then re-installing a paid-for version. now the del key on rhs of keyboard puts 'dots' .... like this, i can call it full-stops, how can I restore its old function

tullie 18:40 03 Jul 2010

Are your settings English uk?

AroundAgain 22:22 03 Jul 2010

Is your number lock off?

When the number lock is ON, it types numbers, del but when OFF, will type ... and arrow keys.

Somehow the installation of AVG must have changed your default when you boot up.

woodchip 22:25 03 Jul 2010

If its a Laptop you have to press the fn key along with Number Lock

woodchip 22:26 03 Jul 2010

If its a Laptop you have to press the fn key along with Number Lock

sawuk 23:32 03 Jul 2010

Have you gone to control panel and language settings and see if the keyboard is set to UK rather than US...can help sometimes

cordeiro 17:35 04 Jul 2010

as I said in my last problem i have set the keyboard to english uk, but I had no success
what can i do ?

Eric10 22:27 04 Jul 2010

Look again at AroundAgain's post at 22:22 on Saturday.
When Num Lock is ON the right hand DEL key types a dot (as indicated by the dot that appears above the word 'Del' on the key) but when Num Lock is OFF the same key deletes characters to the right of the cursor or highlighted text. There is usually a light that indicates if Num Lock is ON or OFF.
The Num Lock key toggles between ON and OFF each time it is pressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?