Defrag wont schedule

Vale46 23:34 18 Jan 2009

Hi all,

I want to make my defrag run on a shedule as recomended, so i set it to do this at 4pm everyday so when i get in from work my pc is at its optimum for me to start my hobbly of 3D modeling with 3DsMAX

Trouble is even though this is set, it tells me that the next schedule run is set to never, and sure enough if i sit and watch it at 4pm nothing happens !!??? unless i manually start it, so whats the point in setting the schedule ?

How can i automate this ?

Thanks for any ideas,

Vale.

ambra4 23:49 18 Jan 2009

What Defrag program are you using?

maghemite 13:28 19 Jan 2009

If you want to automate the defrag process, the best option is Diskeeper 2009. It's not free, but it defrags faster than other utilities I've tried and you have the option of either leaving it in full automatic defrag mode, or specifying a time window when it should run. Works great either way.

GaT7 13:36 19 Jan 2009

Defragging everyday seems a bit excessive to me. Once a week or less would be recommended.

Try the excellent, free JKDefrag click here. G

2win 16:22 19 Jan 2009

You can google for demo versions of third party automatic defragmentersand decide what works best for you.

Vale46 18:04 19 Jan 2009

Thanks for all your help but i sorted it with the help of joeten from another site,

regards, Vale.

[url]click here[/url]

ambra4 18:40 19 Jan 2009

Tick the box and click resolved

Sea Urchin 19:01 19 Jan 2009

I see you had your answer from joeten at 5.29pm yesterday, and then posted the same question here at 11.34pm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires