Defrag an Window care for free.

Miros 11:43 04 Nov 2006

Does any one else use these programs? They are so fast I wonder if they are actually doing what they are supposed to do especially the defrag, it's like greased lighting compared to anything else I a have used. click here

Belatucadrus 12:00 04 Nov 2006

I've been using advanced Windows care for some months now and find it a useful general purpose bit of kit, though I doubt that its "Spyware scan" does much in the few seconds it takes to run. The rest of the components seem to work pretty much as advertised. There are however some forum members who've tried it and encountered problems.
The defrag is new to me and I'm downloading it now, I'll post what I think when I've had a play with it.

Fingees 12:31 04 Nov 2006

I use windows live safety scan

click here

This will do a good defrag, but only if it is needed.

To do complete scan, it takes a while but I like it.

Belatucadrus 13:13 04 Nov 2006

Well first impressions are quite good, you can configure the level of defragmentation it runs and it seems to work perfectly well on the comprehensive setting. Analysing with windows defrag before and after running Smartdefrag confirmed that it had done the job. You can also run Express defrag for a quick tidy up. This version also comes with smart defrag running in the background to keep an eye on things, only time will tell if this is worth keeping active. The only glitch I've found so far is the scheduling as on my installation it doesn't appear to work properly, maybe a Beta thing.
So as it stands it looks to be a real improvement on Windows defrag with more tweaks and some neat extra features that regular defragers will like. I suspect however that some of these will become inactive in the final release and you'll need the pro license to get the full monty. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Miros 13:37 04 Nov 2006

Thank you for that summing up, after which I think I'll stay with and as you keep an eye on it.

Miros 15:56 04 Nov 2006

*Thank you for that summing up, after which I think I'll stay with and as you keep an eye on it.*

Did I really write that?

It should read.

Thank you for that summing up, after which I think I'll stay with it and as you say keep an eye on it.
Apologies.

Miros 21:57 06 Nov 2006

Still no problems with mine that I know of, or I'm aware of.

skidzy 23:59 06 Nov 2006

After trying it out tonight,it crashed my Firefox browser,after using system restore twice,still Firefox refused to work properly.

Uninstalled FF and reinstalled twice,the second time i ran Ccleaner/Regscrubxp and rebooted and reinstalled and all was ok.

So thankyou but no-thanks Miros.

First time ever Firefox has crashed since ive been using it.

Maybe it corrupted my FF profile,im not sure.

Funny thing is Miros,we have been speaking about using Acronis....and i forgot all about it,only made a backup last night Lol :-0

Still we all live and learn. !!!

Miros 00:14 07 Nov 2006

Can't comment on Firefox I didn't like it so don't have it. I use IE 7 and sometimes my AOL browser, they seem unaffected.

Sorry about that but it's interesting, wonder if any one else has had that problem? :-(

Belatucadrus 00:22 07 Nov 2006

Not yet and I always use Firefox.

skidzy 00:29 07 Nov 2006

Think i made a grave error by installing and running the app while Firefox was open,maybe this was the cause.

I may well give it another go tomorrow,now i know how to cure the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?