defrag anything better?

chrisjohn 23:12 02 Dec 2006

anything better to use than windows utility.

birdface 23:19 02 Dec 2006

Nothing quicker than this,click here

SANTOS7 23:20 02 Dec 2006

click here
free version of diskeeper is an alternative..

chrisjohn 23:24 02 Dec 2006

thanks chaps.

golfpro 09:18 03 Dec 2006

I have been using Windows Care for some time now and love it.
I will give the Dfrag program from IObit a go after the new update on 15th Dec.

birdface 10:49 03 Dec 2006

It takes less than 10 minutes to give mine a full defrag,But i dont have a lot on mine,

birdface 10:53 03 Dec 2006

Still a bit Iffy with one care,I use it about once a month,There is always something I have to go back and fix after I have run it,Sorry on about the Advanced Windows One Care,Not on about the defrag.

johnem 11:14 03 Dec 2006

I have been using the IObit and have left smart defrag running in the background. Certainly a lot quicker tham MS defrag.

Stuartli 13:09 03 Dec 2006

I've also switched to IOBit (from Diskeeper Lite) and it's excellent freeware.

Ironically, IIRC, the original Microsoft defrag utility was based on Diskeeper Lite.

golfpro 08:05 06 Dec 2006

Could anyone currently using the IObit defrag tell me if there is anywhere on the program or web site were you can update to the latest version when it is ready (supposedly 15th Dec.), If so I will download it now.

By the way buteman I have been using Windows Care from IObit for some time running in the background and updating every day, it seems fine to me. The only thing it doesn't remove (my setting) is browser cookies.

birdface 09:19 06 Dec 2006

If you run spywareBlaster check it the next time you run W/One Care.It unticks one of the cookies In Spyblaster,Also When I try to drag boxes, All I get is the outline of box, And always have to go back and fix it ,That is only 2 of the things it does to me, That I know of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?