Defrag

charger 16:47 18 Jul 2006

I had installed a program called Diskeeper. I didn't think is any faster than my Windown defrag. So I uninstalled it. Well guess what--it also removed my windows defrag. How do reinstall it to my accessories then to my system tools? It also removed my SFC. When I try to use different methods to locate it it says file are missing. This should not happen when uninstalling any program. I have Windows ME. HELP

Thanks

VoG II 16:52 18 Jul 2006

Windows ME doesn't have SFC.

xania 16:58 18 Jul 2006

You should be able to add defrag by using Add/remove programs.

charger 17:13 18 Jul 2006

How can I retrieve my defrag by using add/remove programs. Tried to reinstall defrag from my windown ME disc but cant find it. What cam I do or I must be doing something wrong by using the disc

VoG II 17:16 18 Jul 2006

In Add/remove programs click Add/remove windows components.

it should be included in Accessories or similar.

961 17:18 18 Jul 2006

The Windows defrag is based on Diskeeper and when you uninstall the Diskeeper (Lite?) you will remove some of the ordinary windows defrag programme

Either use system restore to go back to before you installed diskeeper lite, or to go back to the diskeeper lite installation

Or reinstall diskeeper lite and use that. It may not be faster but it is not slower and will serve your purpose ok

Wak 20:15 18 Jul 2006

Hi, I use the Win ME Defrag.exe file in my Win 98SE system as it's a lot quicker and more stable than the original file made for Win 98SE.
I can send you the Win ME Defrag.exe file if you wish and I think it should go in C:\Windows.
YOu could also download the file from click here
and read all about it.
Hope this helps.

charger 15:30 23 Nov 2007

Been having a problem with me Defrag. Everytime I use windows defrag, it defrags to 82 or 92 percent and stops. I have to go to safe mode and start defrag and then it finishes. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Can you help. I have Windows ME.
Thanks

sunny staines 16:00 23 Nov 2007

use either IObit defrag or Auslogics defrag both are free and very good.

gel 17:03 23 Nov 2007

I use Auslogics regularly
Very good very quick and decorative-worth watching
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?