Defender/SP2

laurie53 09:35 12 Aug 2006

Recently downloaded latest issue of Defender in response to a prompt, but when I tried to install I got a message saying it needed SP2.

I assumed there was some sort of file corruption, so as I still have my PCA SP2 disc so I put it in, expecting to get a "repair/modify" option. In fact it did a full install from scratch, and when I rebooted I had a notification of no less than 53 Windows updates to install!

I've done all the necessary, and all is well, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to reinstall SP2 before being able to install the latest Defender Beta?

Laurie

johndrew 10:14 12 Aug 2006

I`m surprised you had no indication that SP2 was missing. It shows clearly if you right click `My Computer` and look at the `General` tab.

Have you reinstalled at any time, or somehow accidentally removed it?

laurie53 07:41 13 Aug 2006

No, that's what puzzles me. SP2 was installed from the PCA disc when it was first issued with the magazine, and while I've had to "Restore" once or twice since then, I've had no major crashes or glitches, and no indication that SP2 was no longer installed. Of course, with no indication, I've had no reason to check by right clicking "my Computer".

I would think it's pretty hard to "accidentally" remove SP2. I've never tried it, but I would think you would get at least one confirmation screen, and probably a couple of options to pick as well.

Laurie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?