Default thumbnail folder view?

Drum 15:37 13 Mar 2006

I am running Windows XP and have a vast amount of photographs on my computer. I often have to search files in order to find and process a given picture.

I find it mildly annoying that when I open a folder, it will never open in thumbnail view by default.

It will certainly open in film strip view, but this isn't what I want.
Is there any way of achieving thumbnail view by default when a file is opened?

terryf 16:23 13 Mar 2006

It might be that you need to increase the folders to remember, to conserve memory, explorer remembers only a limited number of customizations, use tweak ui>Explorer>Customizations and increase the number of folders to remember (I have set mine to 4000 and I don't have probs with folders opening in a different way to how I last set them) If you dont have Tweakui, look around Msoft for powertools

remind 16:25 13 Mar 2006

you can get it here click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:29 13 Mar 2006

Take a look at Picassa: one of my top rated freeware programs

click here

Drum 16:38 13 Mar 2006

Thanks for the replies. I thought I did have tweak UI, but that must have been with my previous OS as I can't find it in control panel.
And download it in a moment and let you know how it goes, but I'm surprised this is to do with folders to remember!

Drum 16:53 13 Mar 2006

The plot thickens...........
I went and downloaded tweak UI, and before I installed it I thought I'd have a look at some of my picture folders again, and found that they all open in thumbnail view!

It appears therefore that I've given you the wrong information, as this problem only arises when I insert a picture into an e-mail. Here I use the insert command, browse for the folder etc and then find the folder never opens with default thumbnail view.
Will tweak UI sort this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?