Default Printer lost

Connaught 11:00 22 Mar 2004

For some time I have used two HP printers, one a lazer jet on LPT1 and a Deskjet 930C on a USB connection. These are currently recognised on printers through control panel which also records one as default.

Without apparent reason when I try to print from paint programs such as Paint Shop pro Photo deluxe 3 or any other paint program, I get the message that there is no default printer - the selected line appears blank but the printers are listed when you scroll. When you select one and try page set up you get the message that there is no printer ot somethin such like.

Can anyone please help me to solve this?

Thanks

Connaught

hugh-265156 16:06 22 Mar 2004

im not being funny but have you checked the printer is turned on and the lead is firmly connected?

also if xp,check that the print spooler service is started in control panel/administrative tools/services.set it to auto or manual if its disabled maybe.

darkerblue 16:14 22 Mar 2004

you have two hp printers,maybe a conflict of two drivers,you can uninstall printer drivers,then re-install,try again~.

Connaught 21:56 22 Mar 2004

Thanks Huggyg71 and darkerblue.

Have reinstalled the two printer drivers and they now work have yet to reinstall another Hp (3550, Fine Print and a pic printer driver for Supervoice.

These have all worked well in the past but suddenly all the printerdrivers have been wiped out. I wondewr whether it could have been a virus. I have collected one or two recently but Norton tells me they have been dealt with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?