default media

cheeki 17:32 08 Sep 2007

how can i change wmp11 from being my default player. cheer's!

holme 18:55 08 Sep 2007

More detail required please.

What application do you want your default player to be changed to?

What sort(s) of files will you wish to play?

rdave13 19:05 08 Sep 2007

Try start-Set Program Access and Defaults, click the down arrows on Custom and scroll down to "Choose a default media player". Click ok.

holme 19:25 08 Sep 2007

Er, what you say is quite true, but I think that applies only to Windows players doesn't it?

Perhaps cheeki wants to use a third-party player e.g. RealPlayer for some file-type(s), and maybe something else for other file-type(s). That'll have to be done differently. It's easy to do but I wouldn't want to answer the query without more info, otherwise we could perhaps confuse the issue.

rdave13 19:39 08 Sep 2007

My apologies. I thought cheeki only wanted to change WMP11 from being the default player.
There you go then.

holme 19:45 08 Sep 2007

We dunno until he gives more info! :-)

cheeki 19:46 08 Sep 2007

holme thanks for making that point for me.i would like to have I TUNES as my default player.thanks everyone.

holme 20:31 08 Sep 2007

Good oh! In that case, I suggest you find a file you want to play (any typical one will do), and right-click over the file icon.

From the menu that will pop up, select 'Open With' (4th one down) and, from the sub-menu, then select 'Choose Program'.

This opens a menu of all the player progs you've installed, including (hopefully!) I Tunes.

Click on that to select it, then (most important) tick the 'Always use the selected program to open [i.e. play] this kind of file' box.

Finally, click on OK and, from now on, all files with the same or similar filetypes should automatically play in I TUNES. If some other filetype(s) don't do that automatically, simply repeat the process using any one of them as an example. HTH.

cheeki 10:09 09 Sep 2007

thanks everyone thats sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?