Default mail client not properley installed?????

PorkFarmer 15:04 10 Jan 2009

I keep trying to contact an online store about an incorrect charge on an invoice but from their contact page if i click email it comes up with, "default mail client not properley installed"..so i go into my hotmail account and send a message via this route but i am having no replies so i am unsure if they are recieving them or not so how can i rectify this so i can email direct from their page? please help

Pineman100 15:29 10 Jan 2009

It sounds as though you may have an incorrect email client set as your default.

What email program do you use, and what version of Windows?

I should add that sending an email to them from your email client is unlikely to be any more successful than sending it from Hotmail. But you could, perhaps request a read receipt. Even then, they can choose not to send it back to you.

iscanut 15:37 10 Jan 2009

As the problem is via the contact page on the online store, sounds like a problem at their end. Have you been able to send an email via your normal email client independent of the web page ?

Sea Urchin 16:17 10 Jan 2009

How are you accessing your Hotmail account? When you click on an email link in a website it will try to open a default email client installed on your PC - such as Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird etc. If you access your Hotmail account via the website then you cannot specify a webmail service as your default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?