Deep Space Explorer - another one.

pj123 14:11 18 Feb 2006

I have also just installed DSE but it keeps trying to open Nero Showtime. I am running Win 98SE and have Quicktime 6.5

I can't see a way of stopping Nero showtime and making the default Quicktime?

Hertz Van Rentyl 14:30 18 Feb 2006

I think you have Nero configured to show quicktime files. Can you re associate quicktime files in, tools\folderoptions\file types change from showtime to quicktime.

pj123 14:50 18 Feb 2006

Hertz Van Rentyl, done that, thanks.

Now find though that it needs the DVD in the drive. Not good. Don't like programs that need the Disc in the drive before they will run.

So now uninstalling it.

Ticked as resolved.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:42 18 Feb 2006

can you copy disc to HD and change registry to HD letter instead of CDROM letter. I must admit I have never done this but in theory might work.

REBELS 15:43 18 Feb 2006

Dear Sirs,
I am not too sure if this is the right department but I have two cover discs.Encyclopedia Britannica and Deep Space Explorer.Both of these need a registor number.Cant find how to find these numbers even though I have logged on sucessfully .Would appreciate some help please.
Regards,
rebel

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:57 18 Feb 2006

They may have been printed in the magazine, if you cannot find them in the coverdisc menu.
May be better to start a new thread as this one has been closed and may not get many people visiting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?