DECT phone and PC

Malapoa 20:42 03 May 2006

My DECT phone instructions say that the base unit should not be placed "CLOSE" to a PC or TV. Has anyone any experience as to how close is "CLOSE"? Is it say 60cm?

hzhzhz 20:47 03 May 2006

My dect phone sits on a shelf 1m above the pc and 0.5m above my wireless router. It doesn't seem to cause any problems.Its also 0.5m from a TV.

Totally-braindead 21:03 03 May 2006

My Dect phone is approx 60 cm away from my tower and about 20 cm away from my TFT screen and I can't say I've ever noticed a problem. Mind you its not the base station thats next to the computer its one of the secondary phones with its own charger, just mentioning it as I don't know if that makes any difference.

GRFT 07:33 04 May 2006

Not a DECT phone, but my mobile, emits radiation which is picked up by my PC's amplified speakers when only a few cm away. This seems to take the form of the call tone even though there are no calls coming in. Always been a puzzle.

FatboySlim71 09:35 04 May 2006

I have a DECT phone which is around 5 feet away from my PC, I have noticed sometimes that if I am sitting at my desk and it sometimes can be a bit further away as well, I have noticed a crackly sound on my phone, which the other party I am talking to can hear as well, this is caused by more than likely the PC's processor, its not really a problem, it s just noticably.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?