Decisions in choosing a new Comp. Case

Elkopop 15:02 28 Jul 2009

Have recently bought and fitted an Antec 900 case with components for one son,I wasnt sure about the advantage/disadvantage of the fans not being controlled through the motherboard and simply being fitted with a manual speed switch. Now need to upgrade another son's computer with a new case and wondered whether, with an Asus M2N32-SLIDeluxe motherboard, what do I look for to see whether it will take fan connectors to control them through the bios? and if it does what type of fan connector do I look for when choosing the case. So far we had quite liked Coolermaster 690 even though reviews vary as to its cooling performance. Other component specs are 550psu AMD64x2 5600cpu, currently only a low power nvidia 8600gt,4gbts of 800ddr2 mem,2 hard drives 1 dvd drive,so I think there is enough power to cope with 3 or 4 new fans that seem to be the average for a well cooled case. Any thoughts on any of the above would be much appreciated. thanks

donki 15:48 29 Jul 2009

What wattage is your PSU? I have a 550watt branded PSU which runs my dual core, 2 DVD drives, 2 Ram sticks, 3 hard drives, a 8800GTS, Sound card, 2 small fans and a large fan, a USB card and a few USB devices.

I have a Coolermaster and its a great case, its solid, easy to get into and has plenty of space. I have never had any overheating issues, I air dust it every month or so.

Elkopop 17:15 10 Aug 2009

Eventually got a Hiper Anubis which seems quality but then had to get another case for a third son and went for a Coolermaster 690 green Nvidia edition, seems difficult to criticise the package, good cooling and space as you said, particularly as green is his favourite colour and the leds inside are green as well as the outside trim.

Elkopop 17:16 10 Aug 2009

Eventually got a Hiper Anubis which seems quality but then had to get another case for a third son and went for a Coolermaster 690 green Nvidia edition, seems difficult to criticise the package, good cooling and space as you said, particularly as green is his favourite colour and the leds inside are green as well as the outside trim.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?