Dead Pixels

Dirk Diggler 16:51 30 Jul 2007

I have a Packard Bell Easynote MV laptop which is only 8 months old, therefore still under manufacturers warranty.

Over the weekend, I noticed what I thought was a small dirty mark near the top of the screen, however, on closer inspection it appears there are a small number of dead pixels.

I have tried a number of software utilities to make sure they are not just "stuck" but they will not shift so that would lead me to beleive that they are indeed dead.

Would this be something that should be covered by the warranty (bought from Currys btw)

Although it is only a small area (about 4-5 pixels) and it is near the top of the screen, it is still annoying so should I be getting back on to them to arrange a repair?

TIA

Technotiger 16:54 30 Jul 2007

Hi, I am not sure, but I think guarantee covers in the event of a large number of dead pixels, but I don't think it does for just a few.

No doubt others will add their comments/suggestions.

SANTOS7 17:14 30 Jul 2007

click here

something i am afraid you are going to have to put up with.
BUT there is a school of thought that you can actually revive dead pixels (if you are lucky) by very gently rubbing them with a cotton bud, it has been known to work but unfortuanately most of the time it does not...

SANTOS7 17:17 30 Jul 2007

click here

there are some interesting stats from other manufacturers...

Meshuga 17:19 30 Jul 2007

From past experience of similar reports on this forum it would appear that up to 4 dead pixels is not considered reason fo replacement. There is no harm however in approaching the supplier or the manufacturer if the supplier doesn`t want to know.

SANTOS7 17:23 30 Jul 2007

sorry having reread your post i think you have a case to answer i missed the 4-5 bit which seems to fall into the criteria of replacement...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?