Dead Epson

rodgeyrog 09:38 20 Nov 2007

I have an Epson R265 recently bought great printer till i had an accident with an ink cartridge which flooded into the lower workings
everything still works except it's telling me my cartridges are empty and the replacements are not compatible. Iran this printer on a ciss system with great results until my mishap.
Has anyone any suggestions

Roger T

johndrew 09:51 20 Nov 2007

Have a look here and see if there is anything that helps. I found the DIY site very helpful and the Tech Guys will answer questions.

click here

click here

click here

Diemmess 09:55 20 Nov 2007

If the printer still prints correctly, then accept that, and be glad it does!

The built-in firmware is easily confused.
For instance the "non-compatible cartridge" error often comes up with the first look-alike cartridge inserted. If you change back for any reason it will now still insist the Epson cartridge is a fraud.
But it prints just the same.

Pouring a lot of ink inside would do it no good at all.
If you can discover how to dismantle the thing you can clean it throroughly, but don't be surprised if it still says the cartridges are empty.
Sometimes the cartridges will give more life if they are merely lifted out and replaced, but watch out for the ending of one or more colours, because a dry channel may take quite a lot of fresh ink before settling down properly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?