DEAD CD-RW ???

Monitor Master 16:09 13 Mar 2003

Hello

I have an Memorex TwelveMaxx 1032 CD-RW. The Problem is that it think all cds are music cds. But it worked when first installing windows xp.

The CD-RW was given to me in a working pc.

Any ideas?

Thanks Michael

DieSse 16:13 13 Mar 2003

This is usually a sign that the device cannot read disks correctly - probably dying, but try reloading Cd-Writer software first, and maybe a lens cleaner if you have one.

woodchip 16:13 13 Mar 2003

Have you any software that goes with it such as EasyCD Creatore or NERO if not you may be better of getting one of them click here

woodchip 16:16 13 Mar 2003

click here What I use. Phone to make shure they work with XP or check SITE

Monitor Master 16:21 13 Mar 2003

I don't have a lens cleaner. I am about to try reloading my software which is nero.

Thanks Michael

Monitor Master 16:36 13 Mar 2003

Reinstalled

Nero does not see the CD-RW. Windows still thinks data cds are music cds. Windows sees blanks as blanks though.

Thanks Michael

Monitor Master 17:52 13 Mar 2003

Refresh....

woodchip 23:04 13 Mar 2003

Try a new Ribbon Cable for CDRW

woodchip 23:05 13 Mar 2003

PS have you tried removing from Device Manager then restart your computer

woodchip 23:06 13 Mar 2003

Remove what? CDRW

Stuartli 00:12 14 Mar 2003

A lens cleaner is almost certainly unnecessary as CD/DVD and rewriter drives are completely sealed apart from when the tray is opened or closed.

If the Memorex was given to you as part of a working PC it could well be that the Nero software was a dedicated version for your particular Memorex rewriter.

If this is the case and you have transferred the rewriter to another system, you will need to first obtain/reinstall the original Nero software. It would then be worthwhile updating it from ahead's website.

However, looking at Memorex's website, the burning software that's favoured seems to be Easy CD Creater.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?