DCOM problem

shep666 12:25 25 Jul 2006

The server {CDECC4C3-7377-11D3-9A6C-00C04 FF40D52} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I am seeing the above error message. Can someone tell me what application this is likley to refer to and is there a resolution.

I have a pentium 1.7ghz laptop running windows xp

Thanks

Ian

Giggle n' Bits 12:28 25 Jul 2006

could be result of a virus or damage xp.
Check your windows updates for ASP net download,
Run a virus scan first though

shep666 16:01 25 Jul 2006

have scanned with McAfee which found nothing but also tried the free Symantec facility which said the file adiras.exe file was infected with dialer.generic

Adiras appears to be linked with my ADSL modem, which I am using as a backup whilst I wait for a new power supply for my wireless modem/router, according to other forum sites.

I checked windows update history and cannot find anything re ASP, ran windows update but no updates listed.

MAJ 16:27 25 Jul 2006

Do a search of your registry for the {CDECC4C3-7377-11D3-9A6C-00C04 FF40D52} entry, if it's found, **BACKUP THAT SECTION OF THE REGISTRY** and delete the entry (only that entry), see if it cures the problem. If it doesn't cure the problem, double-click the registry backup to re-install it.

shep666 12:49 26 Jul 2006

I am now back using wireless modem and will monitor situation for a few days as I am not overly keen on changing the registry.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?