DC58 Error Message at Start Up

Newuser4051 10:06 01 Apr 2003

I am suddenly getting a message @DC58 is a Windows System Folder and cannot be [email protected] I also get this when I empty the Recycle Ben, but there is no such folder in the Bin !!
How do I get rid of it, please?
Old Navy Pilot

MAJ 10:49 01 Apr 2003

It's not a folder I recognise, Newuser4051, what's inside it (if you can find it) and what version of Windows are you using.

As an aside....... if you meant to type:

"DC58 is a Windows System Folder and cannot be deleted."

Instead of:

@DC58 is a Windows System Folder and cannot be [email protected]

I suggest you reset your language settings to English(UK), you have them on English(US).

Newuser4051 11:09 01 Apr 2003

Sorry about the 'English Version' now corrected. Another mysterious change. I am using Windowa 98SE.
Old Navy Pilot

MAJ 11:31 01 Apr 2003

Checking my Win98SE installation now for that folder, Newuser4051. The first thing I would do is a virus check, just in case something has installed itself in your System folder. If you don't have anti-virus software you can download some if you click here Do a search of your hard drive from Start > Find > Files and Folders, see if you can locate the folder and see what's inside. You might need to go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and click on the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button.

My search has finished and I didn't find a DC58 folder in Win98SE, Newuser4051, it might be something you installed yourself, a game or a program, that's why if we could find out what it contains, it might help in finding out what it was.

Newuser4051 12:31 01 Apr 2003

I run AVG and no virus.No DC58 folder found in Windows System, so I ran Regedit and found various items under Windows Explorer and elsewhere.Must have been a download that I deleted as unwanted? I backed up and then deleted the references. All OK.
Many Thanks.
Old Navy Pilot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?