dbx files importing

qwesaws 08:18 22 Aug 2007

I know I`ve asked this before but I`ve tried all the suggestions without success anyway here goes again.
I recently bought a new computer with Windows Vista I have saved a lot of DBX files from the old computer into a folder in the new computer,how do I now transfer them into windows mail local folders?
thanks

Quiet Life 13:08 24 Aug 2007

You could try this way whichseems Ok click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:20 24 Aug 2007

Import Messages from the Backup Folder

To import your Outlook Express e-mail messages from the Backup folder:

1. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Messages.
2. In the Select an e-mail program to import from box, click Microsoft Outlook Express 5 or Microsoft Outlook Express 6, and then click Next.
3. Click Import mail from an OE5 store directory or Import mail from an OE6 store directory, and then click OK.
4. Click Browse, and then click on the Mail Backup folder in your backup location
5. Click OK, and then click Next.
6. Click All folders, click Next, and then click Finish.

fullyfitted 13:06 26 Oct 2007

using outlook express 6 and windows xp

I tried to make back up copy of my messages into a new folder in my documents. The imported file showed an error message that the file transfer had failed and suggested I tried again, deleted the file in my docs and went back to outlook express , no messages , no folders only the address book.
Now in deep trouble with my better half.
Have these gone forever or is there some place the may still be lurking on the hard drive ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:09 26 Oct 2007

Do a system restore to a date before you tried to back up.

fullyfitted 13:09 26 Oct 2007

sorry
hijacked this by mistake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?