DBX Files

R.C.M. 15:20 15 Mar 2006

After a reinstall I've lost all my email contacts - there is nothing in my address book [outlook express 6] I have managed to find them in a search and have cut and pasted them into a new folder on my desktop - I'm now stuck, has anyone the knowledge to get them into my address book - if you double click each name you get a message error: couldn't open SDB'C:
Help please.

Big Elf 17:21 15 Mar 2006

File, Import, Messages?

Big Elf 17:21 15 Mar 2006

or File, Import, Address Book

Big Elf 17:23 15 Mar 2006

I think the address book has the file extension 'WAB'

R.C.M. 17:31 15 Mar 2006

I tried all three which you suggested - no luck

Big Elf 17:50 15 Mar 2006

No trace of a *.wab file?

R.C.M. 19:22 15 Mar 2006

I used search to find *.wab files - the search results gave me 17 address book files dating from 2003 - 2006. When I double clicked each one there was no name[address] in any.

User-312386 20:13 15 Mar 2006

open outlook express

Right click Inbox and select properties, now copy the C:\Documents and Settings\Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\Number String\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Now open up my Documents and paste the above and there is your Outlook Express folder

Now close Outlook express

Now copy the inbox.dbx file from your desktop into the folder and you will have all your e-mails

R.C.M. 20:41 15 Mar 2006

If I followed your instructions correctly, after I right clicked Inbox and selected properties I arrived at a General tab - in the letter icon there is Inbox and underneath it says -

This folder contains:
28 messages, 0 unread [these arrived today]

This folder is stored in the following file:
E:\inbox.dbx

Still unable to find original address book with my contacts before today.

User-312386 22:29 15 Mar 2006

Double click My Computer, select tools from the top and folder option, then view and tick the box that says "show hidden files and folders"

Double click C: >Documents and Settings>Your name>Application Data>Microsoft>Address Book

R.C.M. 10:54 16 Mar 2006

No joy - I have 3 'My old disk structures' on my d drive. I followed your instructions for all and everyone had an empty address book. I can run search and find address books and if I search DBX I can find all my friends individual DBX files, but can't do anything with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?