Dazzle Fusion video capture

graham 18:28 08 Jan 2003
  graham 18:28 08 Jan 2003

Just bought it today, set it up - piece of cake. Plugged in my VHS video recorder - nothing. Been to their site and done a search - nothing. I am starting with the MovieStar programme which says it can capture analogue video. My video output is RF which is OK on the television. P4 and XP. Anyone help, please, or it's going back!

graham 20:49 08 Jan 2003

time

Scubaman 10:42 15 Jan 2003

Hi Graham. If you go to Dazzle.com and go Suport - Driver and Software updates and get all the ones for XP then try it. After that try the Community Forum and have a look at the interactive knowledge base, there is lots of info in there. I am not saying that this will help you, it hasn't me and I am thinking of returning my Dazzle USB kit. :o(

€dstow 10:55 15 Jan 2003

Do I understand that you are connecting the TV aerial type output to the Dazzle equipment?

If so, this is incorrect. You need to connect the 1Vp/p signal (yellow plug) to the device. You also need to connect audio (red and white plugs). If you don't have these on your VCR, you can get a SCART to plug adapter which will provide these. If the only output is RF (no SCART or other output) you're stuck.

€d

graham 10:58 15 Jan 2003

Thanks, mine's gone back! PC? didn't bat an eyelid, least I don't think they did. No bats around anyway.

graham 11:00 15 Jan 2003

Thanks, yes I tried the scart connection as well, but no luck.

wadham 18:34 15 Apr 2005

I've had trouble with mine trying to resd memory cards. The Fusion Quickstart Guide shows "Inserting Digital Media Cards" on the page before the Dazzle Warranty, that's the last time you'l ever see any reference again ANYWHERE. Pinnacle say they are not responsible for the 'Reader' & the Co. they say is says they arn't. I'm Going to take Scubaman's help.

Graham ® 19:19 15 Apr 2005

Blimey, where did this come from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?