Dazzle

281apple 08:39 07 Jul 2005

Dazzle works OK from my video recorder thru Dazzle to my TV BUT it does not work from my video recorder thru Dazzle to my computer. From Dazzle to my computer I use a 1394 connection so it should work. I use Studio 9 to capture and once it worked for about 15 seconds. Should I try another capture programme, try another computer or buy a capture card?

Bagsey 09:22 07 Jul 2005

I use Studio 9 and find it OK . Like all video ediying programs it takes patience to learn. Now if your Dazzle did work for a short then stopped I would investigate why or if it is dazzle or the software installation. I suppose that you are using XP so why not try a capyure into Moviemaker which is already on your computer. It may be that you only have moviemaker ver1 which is poor but can be update to ver2, which does improve it, however for your test capture it realy is of no importance. Just try a cpture and if it works then dazzle is proved to be OK and another area needs to be looked at.Like the settings you have on Studio 9. You can get a lot of info. from click here I hope that this helps.

Bagsey 09:23 07 Jul 2005

I use Studio 9 and find it OK . Like all video ediying programs it takes patience to learn. Now if your Dazzle did work for a short then stopped I would investigate why or if it is dazzle or the software installation. I suppose that you are using XP so why not try a capyure into Moviemaker which is already on your computer. It may be that you only have moviemaker ver1 which is poor but can be update to ver2, which does improve it, however for your test capture it realy is of no importance. Just try a cpture and if it works then dazzle is proved to be OK and another area needs to be looked at.Like the settings you have on Studio 9. You can get a lot of info. from click here I hope that this helps.

281apple 08:19 08 Jul 2005

Thanks Bagsey. I found the problem which again proves that verifying cable and connections is the first thing to do. In fact, I tried capturing on my laptop using an outside HD and it did not work. Then I pulled out the 1394 cable from the laptop and stuck it back in again and the damn thing worked. I'll stay with Studio 9 cause it takes time to get used to one of these animals and I prefer not to change again. Thanks for your suggestion. Raymond

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone