Dawn of war spooge drivers

raziel08 21:33 18 Dec 2008

I have recently purchased a new laptop with 2Ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 2 GB RAM and a Nvidia Geforce go 8600. However i want to install my games onto it Dawn of war (the entire series) however after the installation which goes fine i get this message when i try to play it.

"spooge driver not found, verify that directX is installed"

The graphic configuration panel then opens up but i can't see anything and the buttons don't work except for the exit button in the top right hand side. do you know how i can fix this.

P.s i know that they work and that i have met the requirments for the games.

MAT ALAN 22:06 18 Dec 2008

Upgrading your VGA card with the latest drivers is known to fix this issue...

raziel08 14:48 19 Dec 2008

I have updated all of my drivers to their latest. The issue still persists.

MAT ALAN 18:43 19 Dec 2008

click here

could try updating directX, if that does not work try reinstalling the game...

brundle 18:48 19 Dec 2008
  raziel08 18:57 19 Dec 2008

Direct X is updated to the latest as well and i have installed it again but it still has the same problem. IS it because i'm running vsta?

have tried to adapt the code in the direct folder in the installation directory but it won't let me save it under the same name. Can i change the name and still get it to work?

brundle 19:03 19 Dec 2008

Unlikely. Make sure the file is not Read-Only

MAT ALAN 19:09 19 Dec 2008

click here

The only other issue it could be is outdated chipset drivers...

raziel08 11:53 21 Jan 2009

Thanks for the help managed to get it working. Even if i turned off the read only function for all of the files in the dawn of war directory it wouldn't let me edit them with vista. I had to install the game on my XP machine and edit them there then copy that file over to my vista laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?