Date and time Win XP

PIE THROWER 21:41 08 Jan 2010

Hi - My desktop clock is showing completely the wrong time. When i try and synch it I get the error message; For security reasons Windows cannot sych with the server because the date does not match (???)

I don't know if it's related (they've become probs at approx the same time)but when booting up I get the message - if your operation system has install on sata HDD already. please check SATA access mode and hard disk boot priorty.

Is it the mainboard battery ? It's a Gigabyte GA-K8N pro SLI by the way.

Thank you for any help forthcoming.

interzone55 21:46 08 Jan 2010

yup, definitely sounds like the CMOS battery is a gonner...

GaT7 22:09 08 Jan 2010

Most likely a CR2032 is required.

5-pack for £1.59 delivered at 7Dayshop click here. More choice at click here. G

Technotiger 22:15 08 Jan 2010

If you have a Pound Shop near you, a 5-pack is ... £1 ...

GaT7 22:34 08 Jan 2010

Technotiger, you skint ;-).

No, that's a good idea. Not only is it cheaper, but one can get it much quicker. With the weather we've been having, it could take a week to arrive from 7DS! G

Technotiger 08:33 09 Jan 2010

Me, Skint? ........ Yep!

And for anyone else who, like me, is skint - this is amazing, check out the hidden bargains at Amazon, I kid you not!

click here

Have a prosperous 2010 :-))

PIE THROWER 10:24 09 Jan 2010

Thanks for all the replies/help (this forum never lets me down). Just 2 supplementaries;

1. I can get a CMOS battery from a pound shop ?!

2. How do I know if the battery is fully compliant with my mainboard ? The 7 day shop site doesn't refer to this issue (if it is at all).

Thanks a million all.

Technotiger 10:32 09 Jan 2010

I bought a pack of 5 from my local Pound Shop, used two of them up till now, no problems, they are genuine CR2032's.

Technotiger 10:42 09 Jan 2010
  Technotiger 10:48 09 Jan 2010

The CR2032 is compliant with your motherboard.

mike40 10:56 09 Jan 2010

Hi

Internet Explorer 8 will not let me open links in PC advisor website and others. I have tried disabling all add ons but it persists. I am using windows 7 and tried to download IE8 from Microsoft website but it states it is not compatible with this operating system. Although I am the administrator it will not let me run sfc /scannow. Any ideas how to address this would be appreciated

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017