Date Expired on installing new programs

Sethhaniel 08:47 31 Jan 2006

System clock showing correct time & date - but when I try to install programs like 'PrivacyKeeper' - or Windows 'Antispyware beta' they will not load saying that their expiry date is passed -is there a key in the registry that has been altered?? or a solution??

ventanas 08:54 31 Jan 2006

Microsoft Anti-Spyware expired on 31st December. You may still be trying to install that version. I would download it again and see what happens. The latest version expires on 31st July.

I don't know anything about PrivacyKeeper, sorry.

Sethhaniel 08:58 31 Jan 2006

That's the problem I put the latest version of Microsoft Anti-Spyware which expires on 31st July and it is coming up as already expired - and will not even attempt to install - same with other 'time limited programs' -its as though some hidden setting is showing the computer date as well in advanceof what the ststem clock uis showing

ventanas 10:52 31 Jan 2006

Same thing happend to me, wouldn't install, said it had expired. But redownloading cured it. Never did find out why.

By the way, that PrivacyKeeper looks interesting.

Is this happening with more than just these two apps. Have you tried Windows update. Incorrect time settings can cause this to fail. It may be worthwhile to narrow it down a bit.
Have you checked the bios clock?

Sethhaniel 13:45 31 Jan 2006

'IE Privacy Keeper' click here is the free one and a bit more controllable than 'PrivacyKeeper'
great for the works computer ;)

will check the Bios Clock tonight as it is on home computer the problem ;)

Sethhaniel 08:23 02 Feb 2006

must be a setting in the registry that need deleting - but which one??? ;)

Sethhaniel 12:52 11 Apr 2006

Still needing a fix ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?