Database will not open

Malapoa1 07:37 18 Jan 2008

I have transferred a database from Access on a computer with XP to Ability Database on a computer with Vista by means of a CD. When I try to open it I get a message " cannot open database - database may be invalid". I have I any option other than typing in fifty names and addresses? I did take the precaution of making a hard copy before making the transfer.

Taff™ 09:09 18 Jan 2008

If the database is just one table I suggest you export the table to a CSV (Comma Seperated Values)oe Excel format and then import it into Ability Database.

interzone55 10:02 18 Jan 2008

You can, erm access, tables in an Access database using the Base application in Open Office. You can't just open the database file though, you need to open Base then on the new database wizard select the Connect to database option, change the dropdown to Microsoft Access and navigate to your Access database.

There may be a similar option in Ability Office - look at the ODBC connection options

Taff™ 06:43 20 Jan 2008

Thanks for your last post I`ve just passed it on to a student who has got coursework on Access but hasn`t got the program.

Malapoa1 16:10 24 Feb 2008

Thanks fellas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?