Database Not Working

scocjcng 12:50 31 Jan 2007

Hi,

I use a database program called jewelry design manager to manager my jewellery stock. When I tried to open the program yesterday it froze on the opening page and I could not access the database.

When I look in the program files on my c drive, it looks as if the data base has been locked by access.

I recently removed microsoft access from my computer - do any of you know if this will have caused my problem? If so is there anything I can do to get the jewelery manager working again? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the jewelery program but no joy.

Thanks for your help! (and sorry if this is in the wrong section - new to the boards!)

imacd 13:03 31 Jan 2007

If it has been locked by Access there should be a small (1kb) file in the folder where the database is stored with a .ldb extension. If there is you could try deleting it?

scocjcng 13:14 31 Jan 2007

Hi, Thanks for your response. I have looked in the file and can not see a file with a .ldb extension. The database file icon has a blue padlock on it, and in the properties section it says it opens with access.

I have tried everything I can think of...

imacd 14:27 31 Jan 2007

Have you tried right clicking the database icon and selecting 'Open with' and then choosing the original program?

scocjcng 14:57 31 Jan 2007

Hi,

Yes I have tried that - still not working. I am losing hope now - only thing I can think of is to run the progam on my other computer but that is not ideal.

Thanks again for your time in trying to help!

AndySD 15:05 31 Jan 2007

Have you tried reinstalling Access?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?