Database needed

kat64 15:06 12 Jan 2011

Hi, I have a list of several hundred karaoke songs which I am adding to on a regular basis.
Could anyone please suggest a free Database that I can use that will automatically put the songs in Alphabetical order.
Kind Regards

Big L 266 15:41 12 Jan 2011

Hello.

kat64....I suggest you have a look at the following link which will direct you to Real Player.

click here

I would recommend the free version of Real Player which would be very useful. Once you've installed the free Real Player, simply import all your songs into it and it'll automatically put them in alphabetical order. You can also make individual changes to each entry should you wish to do so. I use it as a backup to my main music database which is WinAmp.

Hope it helps.

Big L 266

john bunyan 15:44 12 Jan 2011

I think Excel - not free but part of Office 2007 -would do it - I used to use Lotus 123, but this does not work with W7. I now use the Spreadsheet version of Lotus Symphony. This is a free office suite.I find it easir than Excel to learn and you can save files in .xls format if you wish.
click here

john bunyan 15:47 12 Jan 2011

Sorry - I thought you just meant the written stuff so my suggestion is not what you want. I Tunes would do it as you can sort by alphabetical order of song titles.

Woolwell 15:48 12 Jan 2011

This is suitable for a flat database rather than a relational database and as such a spreadsheet like Excel or the one in OpenOffice will do the job fine.

kat64 21:01 12 Jan 2011

John Bunyon You are right I only need the database for the written stuff Titles, Artists etc. so Thanks for your advise.
Thanks also to Woolwell and Big L 266.
Kind Regards.

Picklefactory 22:48 12 Jan 2011

If you have MS Office you may find in Access that there is a free sample of a music database depending on what version you have. There used to be one in Office 97, I don't think they kept it in 2007, but you can find them online.
One such example click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?